SpringSource Tool Suite Analysis
Posted by Jai on June 4, 2008
SpringSource recently released the beta version of tool suite and being a developer working on Spring for long enough I thought to give it a try and here is what i think of it.
Formerly known as Interface21. SpringSource created and sustains the development of the Spring Framework.
SpringSource Tool Suite:
- Goal – most sophisticated development tools for doing enterprise development with the Spring Portfolio on the Eclipse platform.
- Eclipse Mylyn and Spring IDE as a core component.
- Pre-integrated issue tracking support and code quality analysis tools.
- From Spring Training – how much can you automate it, just on a click.
- During development process – what expectation do you have from spring tool.
- As new to Spring – how fast and easy can you make me to get it started to work on spring.
- As member of Spring community – how can you help or get help from the spring community.
- Spring Development Tools
- Mylyn’s Task-Focused User Interface for Java, Resources and Spring application blueprints
- Task-Focused Tutorials (Spring, OSGi concepts, Equinox and Spring Dynamic Modules)
- Runtime Error Analysis
- Best Practice and Architecture Review tools
I am waiting for the enterprise edition.