Quitting A Job: To set free or just changing the priorities?
Posted by Jai on October 10, 2012
Just some random thoughts on quitting your current job. Is it really quitting the job or to set your self free from current responsibilities or is it just the change in the priorities.
Long time back one of my ex-colleagues wrote the post “Quitting the Job“, sharing some of his thoughts on the same.
Here we just gonna have another look at what exactly it is for most people:
Probable reasons to quit current job
- is it running away from current responsibilities?
- or fed with current system
- or fed with current environment
- or is it the money
- or just the change in the priorities?
- or want to achieve or do something else in life
- or just another excuse to career change
- or hiding your incapability to continue doing the things
- or bored of current monotonous schedule/routine
- or u r just a changer, cant stick to same place long enough?
- or u just another emotional freak
Few factors/points to keep in mind before taking the decision:
- all places more or less the same
- may find same kind of people at new place
- don’t run from people (colleagues or managers)
- money is part of it and not everything
- do look into long term goal rather than only short term gains
- revisit personal priorities to be sure
- work on your limitations
- work on finding new things, you part of monotonous work (IT is fast paced changing field)
- change is just part of move on strategy
- better work on emotions, and think again.
Things to take care once u have decided to quit:
Separate post/thread to see what you should do after quitting current job
enjoy notice period, relax, gear up for new challenges or be ready to prove yourself at new place.
quit if you are not enjoying the work 🙂
All the best!