Using Estimations and Time Tracking with GreenHopper
Posted by Jai on October 10, 2012
In this post we will cover what Jira & GreenHopper offers in terms time tracking and how it works with jira and green hopper.
- Original Estimate — the amount of time the issue was expected to take to resolve, when it was first created.
- Remaining Estimate — the remaining amount of time the issue is currently expected to take to resolve.
- Time Spent — the amount of time logged working on the issue so far.
- Burndown — The remaining hours until the version release date.
- Guideline — The ideal burndown. It is computed with the remaining estimates not the original estimates of the issues at the start date of the version making the slope more accurate and precise.
- Team effort — The total time worked by the team.
- Estimation accuracy — The sum of the Team Effort and the Burndown. If you have estimated your issues accurately, this line will be flat. If you are underestimating your issues, this line will trend upwards. If you are overestimating your issues, this line will trend downwards.
- Required Daily Burndown Rate Curve — The daily rate to required to attain your goal.
For further details, http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Viewing+the+Hour+Burndown+Chart