ElasticSearch: Learn Java API usage with test cases
Posted by Jai on January 31, 2014
Find ElasticSearch tutorial on github using Java API with test cases.
elasticsearch-tutorial repository uploaded on github explaining the ElasticSearch Java API usage with test cases.
Following ElasticSearch concepts have been covered.
Explains the ElasticSearch cluster settings and getting started with ES.
- Index, DocumentType, Nodes, Shard/Replica,
- Creating/retrieving/updating/deleting documents
- Schema mapping, Fields, Filters, Analyzers
- Index aliasing, creating/deleting alias
This part will include searching/querying the data, different types of query.
- Simple query, fields to search, fields to return data
- Basic queries (match, boolean, query string etc.)
- More like this, fuzzy query
- Boosting query, custom score query etc.
This part covers making the search better.
- Influencing the score, Boosting the documents etc.
- Using synonyms
- Using Stopwords
- Using word delimiters, protected words
- Handling HTML content
- Handling different language content
This part will cover common functionality of faceting, autocomplete, suggestions etc.
- faceting on hierarchical data
- auto complete/ suggestions
This part includes handling nested objects
- Creating parent/child mapping
- Querying parent/child data
Hope this will help you to have hands on the ElasticSearch!