Posted by Jai on October 21, 2013
Nevertheless to mention that maven 3 is already out for quite some time but there are still some legacy systems using maven 2. In this post we will cover to upgrade to maven 3 for such legacy system, better late than never.
Maven 3 Features
See the maven 3 release notes for list of features.
Some of the important new features are,
- Performance improvements
- Parallel build of independent modules
- Better dependency management
Maven 3 Installation
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in Java, Maven, Quality, Tools | Tagged: Eclipse, Maven, Maven 3 | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Jai on March 26, 2013
Every text search solution is as powerful as the text analysis capabilities it offers. Lucene is such open source information retrieval library offering many text analysis possibilities. In this post, we will cover some of the main text analysis features offered by ElasticSearch available to enrich your search content.
Taking an example of a typical eCommerce site, serving the right content in search to the end customer is very important for the business. The text analysis strategy provided by any search solution plays very big role in it. As a search user, I would prefer some of typical search behavior for my query to automatically return,
- should look for synonyms matching my query text
- should match singluar and plural words or words sounding similar to enter query text
- should not allow searching on protected words
- should allow search for words mixed with numberic or special characters
- should not allow search on html tags
- should allow search text based on proximity of the letters and number of matching letters
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in ElasticSearch, Java, Quality | Tagged: ElasticSearch, Java, Search, Stemming, Synonyms, Text Analysis | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Jai on February 3, 2010
Some of the mind boggling thoughts that must have come into your mind also like the times when as a developer you compromised on code quality because of tight dead lines etc. or as a team lead or manager you compromised on quality to speed up the delivery or because of risk management to reach the milestone. May be, as a team you started well but what it costs to keep up the pace for the code quality. There are many varied factors around it and we will have a brief look at it and will see how it works in the end.
To start with, we all know about the code quality significance and the long term benefits or implications (lets assume :)).
Code Quality as Selling point
If we put aside the players in the market to do the job in cheap way and deliver the crap, on broader way we have majorly two kind of players: Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in Quality | Tagged: Code Quality, Project Management, Teamwork | 2 Comments »
Posted by Jai on December 7, 2009
From a java developer perspective, you would love to have the similar code quality measurement tools for ActionScript/Flex/Air also but there is hardly any single comparable tool available for this. After a long search and analysis, this is what I have found and here we will have a look at what all these tools and different utilities offer.
In this post we will analyze what different code quality metrics on a general basis we would require for ActionScript/Flex/AIR and what are the different available tools to get such metrics.
Code Quality Metrics
We would like to have the metrics to display different information like:
- Coding Styles: The metrics which tell us the different coding style violations inside the code.
- Coding Standards: The metrics which tell us the different coding standards violations inside the code.
- Project level: Total number of packages, interface, classes etc. , the dependencies between different packages and classes and their linking.
- Class level: Total number of lines of code, number of functions, cyclomatic complexity, dependencies on other classes etc.
- Function level: Total number of lines of code, cyclomatic complexity etc. and coverage tools stating if all the lines of code are fully tested on not.
(This is just on broader level, not covering all the metrics and information which similarly we have for java).
List of Available Tools
The available tools for AcrionScript/Flex/Air code quality measurement are: Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in Flex, Quality | Tagged: ActionScript, asdox, Code Quality, Flex, flexcover, FlexCPD, FlexPMD, it-depends | 7 Comments »
Posted by Jai on September 25, 2009
This post share the presentation on Code Quality – Learn, Measure and Organize Awareness which is based on the series of posts published on this site.
posts: Code Quality – Learn, Measure and Organize Awareness
presentation: Code Quality – Learn, Measure and Organize Awareness
Feel free to share the feedback!!!
Posted in Presentation, Quality | Tagged: Code Quality, Presentation | 1 Comment »